Vince Gill's Guitar Slinger, his first album in five years, will be released this fall on MCA Records. The first single, "Threaten Me With Heaven," will be released in late summer. Gill and his wife Amy Grant co-wrote the song with Will Owsley and Dillon O'Brian. Owsley, longtime guitarist in Grant's band, committed suicide in 2010. Grant sang the inspirational song at his funeral in Anniston, Ala. Noting that one of his previous songs, "Go Rest High on That Mountain," helped a lot of people deal with grief, Gill says he hopes "Threaten Me With Heaven" will have the same effect. "It's a powerful, powerful song," he said. "I feel like it's the crown jewel of the new record." Gill's most recent project, These Days, a four-CD boxed set of all-new material, was released in 2006 and won a Grammy for best country album. A specific release date for Guitar Slinger has not been announced.
- Country Radio Seminar: From Mötley Crüe to George Jones
- Country Radio Broadcasters Laud Vince Gill With Career Achievement Award
- Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan Still Reign on Country Charts
- Kacey Musgraves Reclaims Top Album Crown With Same Trailer Different Park
- Civil Wars Win Another Grammy Over Mainstream Country Stars