Singer-songwriter Guy Clark performs new versions of several of his classics on Songs and Stories, a live album set for release on Aug. 16 by Dualtone Music Group. The album was recorded at Nashville's Belcourt Theatre with a band that included guitarists Verlon Thompson and Shawn Camp, bassist Bryn Davies and drummer Kenny Malone. The recording features Clark's insights into the inspiration behind songs such as "L.A. Freeway," "The Randall Knife," "Homegrown Tomatoes," "The Cape," "Dublin Blues" and others. It also includes his interpretation of "If I Needed You," a song written by his late friend, Townes Van Zandt.
- 10 Prime Hits: Willie Nelson Duets
- Avett Brothers/Randy Travis CMT Crossroads Single Celebrates Record Store Day
- Country Hall of Fame Elects Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement
- Tim McGraw Has Week's Most Heard Song, Taylor Swift's Red Still Top Album
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Emmylou and Rodney, Steve Earle, the Mavericks