LeAnn Rimes released her first new album in four years, Lady and Gentlemen, on Curb Records on Tuesday (Sept. 27). She served as an executive producer on the project with Vince Gill and Darrell Brown. Drawing on her favorite classic country songs sung by men, the album includes material popularized by John Anderson, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings and George Jones, among many more. She also updated her debut single, "Blue," and added "Crazy Women" and "Give" as bonus tracks. "This album was born out of the memories of when I first fell in love with country music. ... In reflecting, I realized that almost all of my favorite country songs from back then were sung by men," Rimes said. "I am honored to take a step back in time and sing these songs from a woman's perspective and hopefully help reintroduce them to a new audience."
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck the Hall, "Mine Would Be You" Are Top Album, Song for Second Week
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories
- BMI Celebrates Songwriter Dean Dillon With Its Icon Award