Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles has recorded Hank Williams' "Your Cheatin' Heart" for a 30-second TV ad for Pepsi MAX to debut Sunday (Feb. 5) during Super Bowl XLVI. The ad, part of the company's "cola wars" campaign, centers around a sales rep for a competing soft drink company who buys a bottle of Pepsi MAX at a grocery store, wins a major contest and is greeted by Regis Philbin. The company is also sponsoring a concert series in Indianapolis to lead up to the Super Bowl. The Univision Pepsi Musica Fan Jam concert, set for Wednesday (Feb. 1), will feature Latin music stars such as Don Omar and L. Hernandez. The VH1 Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam, featuring Gym Glass Heroes, B.o.B and the All-American Rejects, airs live Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on VH1. The company's pre-Super Bowl party, featuring One Republic and Melanie Amaro, is set for Friday. The third Fan Jam concert, CMT Crossroads: Steven Tyler & Carrie Underwood From the Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam, premieres Saturday at 11 p.m. ET/PT on CMT.
- Shovels & Rope, Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell Share Top Honors at 2013 Americana Awards
- ACM Honors Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Others
- Dierks Bentley Returning to Host ACM Honors Event
- Charles Carr, Hank Williams' Driver for Last Ride, Dead at 79
- Earl Scruggs' Banjo Heading to Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum