Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas, along with Norah Jones and James Taylor, are among the artists honoring Paul McCartney as the 2012 MusiCares Person of the Year. The sold-out gala event will take place Friday (Feb. 10) in Los Angeles, two days prior to the Grammy Awards. The event will be hosted by actor-comedian Eddie Izzard. Other performers include Tony Bennett, Coldplay, Duane Eddy, Foo Fighters, Alicia Keys, Diana Krall, Sergio Mendes and Neil Young with Crazy Horse. McCartney will also give a special performance. Proceeds from the dinner and concert will benefit MusiCares, which ensures that people in the music industry will have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need.
- Willie Nelson Tapes CMT Crossroads Special at Jack White's Third Man Records
- Kenny Chesney, More Join Bruce Springsteen Tribute
- Around the Web: Kenny Chesney Kicks Off Charity Season
- Garth Brooks, Connie Smith, Hargus "Pig" Robbins Enter Country Music Hall of Fame
- 10 Highlights From Austin City Limits Music Festival