Miranda Lambert will be featured on The Hunger Games soundtrack, along with Taylor Swift, the Civil Wars and many other roots artists, according to Billboard. Lambert's selection is titled "Run Daddy Run" and features the Pistol Annies, her trio that also features singer-songwriters Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley. Other artists on the soundtrack include Arcade Fire, Birdy, country newcomer Ella Mae Bowen, the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Neko Case, the Decemberists, Jayme Dee, Glen Hansard, Kid Cudi, the Low Anthem, the Punch Brothers and the Secret Sisters. The first single from the project is Swift and the Civil Wars' "Safe & Sound." The soundtrack will be released on March 20, three days in advance of the film's arrival in theaters.
- Chart Chatter: Luke Bryan Back at the Top, Jerrod Niemann Stays There
- CMT Exclusive Song Premiere: Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn's "Somewhere Between"
- Willie Nelson's Duets Album Arriving Oct. 15
- ACM Honors Trailblazers and Pioneers at Ryman Ceremonies
- Miranda Lambert Joins The Hunger Games Soundtrack