CMT.com has launched Concrete Country, a new online performance series featuring gritty performances by alt-country and roots music favorites such as the Farewell Drifters and Lydia Loveless. Captured within earshot of Nashville's honky-tonks, Concrete Country will highlight independent singer-songwriters and bands performing their original songs on a downtown sidewalk. CMT is also preparing the launch of CMT Edge, a blog dedicated to music discovery and highlighting roots musicians. CMT Edge, curated by CMT.com writer-producer Craig Shelburne, is expected to launch in summer 2012. Other Concrete Country performances scheduled to debut this spring will feature Caitlin Rose, Jason Boland, Will Hoge and Robert Ellis. The series is the latest in several recent digital music franchise launches for CMT.com, including Listen Up and Live @ CMT. View the Farewell Drifters' performance on Concrete Country.
- Around the Web: The Civil Wars Still Aren't Talking to One Another
- CMT Edge Sampler Available as Free Download at Amazon.com
- 10 Top Moments From Americana Music Festival
- Bonnie Raitt, Richard Thompson Provide Magical Moments at Americana Awards
- Lady Antebellum, Alison Krauss & Union Station at London's Hyde Park This Weekend