Kenny Rogers and several surprise guests will perform during Lionel Richie's Wednesday night (March 14) performance at the South by Southwest music conference in Austin, Texas. Richie's performance at ACL Live is part of a multi-artist showcase sponsored by Billboard. It marks his first appearance at SXSW. The two singers will perform "Lady," a Richie composition that became a No. 1 country hit for Rogers in 1980. Their updated recording of the song is featured on Richie's new duets album, Tuskegee, set for release on March 26. The project also features Shania Twain, Jennifer Nettles, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts and others on remakes of Richie's solo work and his hits with the Commodores. In related news, Richie and the late Etta James will be inducted into the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame during a gala at the historic Apollo Theater in New York City on June 4.
- OFFSTAGE: Blake Shelton to Go Motorboatin'
- Hunter Hayes' "Wanted" Goes Triple Platinum
- Carrie Underwood Pays Tribute to Oklahoma Tornado Victims at 2013 CMT Music Awards
- Florida Georgia Line's Dreams Come True With CMT Music Awards
- Healing in the Heartland Concert Raises $6 Million for Tornado Relief