Neil Young & Crazy Horse have scheduled a June 5 release date for Americana, a collection primarily of American folk songs. It's Young's first album with the band in almost nine years. The 11-track collection includes classics such as "Tom Dooley," "She'll Be Comin 'Round the Mountain," "Clementine," "Oh Susannah" and a version of "This Land Is Your Land" featuring songwriter Woody Guthrie's original lyrics which give the song a deeper level of social commentary. It also features "Gotta Travel On," a Top 10 country hit for the late Billy Grammer in 1959. A press release announcing the album notes, "Each of these compositions is very much part of the fabric of our American heritage, the roots of what we think of as 'Americana' in cultural terms, using songs as a way of passing along information and documenting our past."
- Willie Nelson Tapes CMT Crossroads Special at Jack White's Third Man Records
- Kenny Chesney, More Join Bruce Springsteen Tribute
- Around the Web: Kenny Chesney Kicks Off Charity Season
- Garth Brooks, Connie Smith, Hargus "Pig" Robbins Enter Country Music Hall of Fame
- 10 Highlights From Austin City Limits Music Festival