George Jones is being treated at a Nashville-area hospital after being diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. Jones canceled a Saturday night (March 24) concert in Peoria, Ill., after arriving in the city. A concert promoter said the singer was battling a chest cold. The 80-year-old Country Music Hall of Fame member was admitted to the hospital Thursday (March 29) and is expected to remain under observation throughout the night before returning home Friday. The Peoria concert has been rescheduled for June 23.
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck the Hall, "Mine Would Be You" Are Top Album, Song for Second Week
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories
- BMI Celebrates Songwriter Dean Dillon With Its Icon Award