The Lumineers, the Vespers and Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real are among the roots music acts releasing new albums Tuesday (April 3). The Lumineers' self-titled project released by Dualtone Music Group features the trio's catchy track, "Ho Hey." The Vespers' The Fourth Wall (Black Suit Records) is the quartet's second album. Nelson and his band, Promise of the Real, will perform Tuesday on Late Show With David Letterman to promote the arrival of their second album, Wasted (Tone Tide Records). ... In related news, a collection of Johnny Cash's rare and out-of-print gospel and spiritual recordings from the 1970s and 1980s are featured on Bootleg Vol. IV: The Soul of Truth (Columbia/Legacy). The two-disc, 51-track set includes a previously-unreleased song, "Truth," based on a poem written by Sufi leader Hazrat Inayat Khan and presented to Cash by Muhammad Ali.
- Garth Brooks Reclaims Country Album Crown With Blame It All on My Roots
- 10 Notable New Books for Music Fans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck Dynasty Holiday Album Eagles In to Top the Chart
- Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement Inducted Into Country Music Hall of Fame