Dierks Bentley's father Leon Bentley died Friday (June 1) in Phoenix at age 88. The singer-songwriter confirmed the death in a Twitter message he sent Saturday morning, noting, "It was an honor to comfort him as he left us. Thank you, fans, for the time and understanding." A private memorial service is being scheduled. Because of his father's illness, Bentley had already canceled a Saturday night performance in Washington, D.C., following the Washington Nationals' baseball game. Following his father's death, he also canceled Wednesday's fan club party in Nashville during the CMA Music Festival. A spokesperson told CMT.com Saturday afternoon that Bentley currently plans to resume his performance schedule with a June 9 appearance at the WYCD Downtown Hoedown in Detroit and his June 10 set during the CMA Music Festival's nightly concert at LP Field in Nashville.
- Florida Georgia Line, The Band Perry Earn Double-Platinum Singles
- Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor Added to CMA Awards
- Eric Church, Florida Georgia Line, Kacey Musgraves Added to CMA Awards
- Blake Shelton Tops Album List With Bringing Back the Sunshine
- Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Inducts Four New Members