Rascal Flatts member Jay DeMarcus and his wife, CMT Insider correspondent Allison DeMarcus, welcomed the arrival of their second child on Friday (July 20) in Nashville. Their son, named Dylan Jay DeMarcus, weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces, according to People magazine. Detroit radio station WYCD reported that Jay DeMarcus was already in Detroit for a Friday night concert at the DTE Energy Music Theatre but flew back to Nashville and was present when the baby was born around 4 p.m. He flew back to Detroit, arriving at the concert venue by helicopter in time for Rascal Flatts' scheduled set at 9:30 p.m. Still wearing scrubs, he also wore a hospital wristband during the concert. The couple's daughter, Madeline Leigh, is 19 months old. Rascal Flatts are scheduled to perform Saturday at Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, and Sunday at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati.
- OFFSTAGE: Blake Shelton to Go Motorboatin'
- Hunter Hayes' "Wanted" Goes Triple Platinum
- Carrie Underwood Pays Tribute to Oklahoma Tornado Victims at 2013 CMT Music Awards
- Florida Georgia Line's Dreams Come True With CMT Music Awards
- Healing in the Heartland Concert Raises $6 Million for Tornado Relief