Don Felder, who played guitar in the Eagles from 1974 to 2001, will release a solo album titled Road to Forever on Oct. 9. It's his first solo project since his 1983 debut. Guests include David Crosby, Graham Nash and Stephen Stills of Crosby, Stills & Nash, Steve Lukather, David Paich and Steve Porcaro of Toto, Randy Jackson, Tommy Shaw and others. After leaving the Eagles and ending a 29-year marriage, Felder said he was inspired to "write out the stories of my life as songs. After I collected myself, I found I needed to go out and play music again, and that's how I began recording the album. In the process, I found out who I really am. I had to find out what happened when I almost lost it all."
- Around the Web: Eagles Provide Insight Into a Rich Musical History
- Johnny Cash Leads 10 Finds for Record Store Day
- Jake Owen Gets Close to the Fans During First Show of Latest CMT on Tour
- Wanda Jackson, Former Eagle Don Felder Lead Independent Releases
- OFFSTAGE: Top 10 Reasons to American Idol-ize Keith Urban