The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill and Amy Grant are among the artists featured on one of two upcoming albums in the holiday music series, A Very Special Christmas. They are contributing tracks to A Very Special Christmas 25th Anniversary to be released on Big Machine Records. The project also features Christina Aguilera, Francesca Battistelli, Michael Bublé, Cheap Trick, Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, One Republic, Train and Wonder Girls. Additionally, Word Records will also be releasing A Very Special Christmas: Bringing Peace on Earth featuring Meredith Andrews, Chris August, Big Daddy Weave, Jason Castro, Jamie Grace, Natalie Grant, Sidewalk Prophets and others. Both albums will be released Oct. 16. Since 1987, the all-star A Very Special Christmas series has generated more than $100 million in royalties to benefit the Special Olympics. The new albums were announced Monday (Aug. 6) in Nashville at Blackbird Studios, where members of Train are recording "Joy to the World" for the project.
- The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts Featured on Latest Edition of A Very Special Christmas
- HOT DISH: Andy Griffith Entertained and Taught Us All
- OFFSTAGE: Country Stars Remember Andy Griffith
- T.J. Martell Foundation Presents a Night of Bright Stars and Cold Cash
- Vince Gill Exits MCA Records After 23 Years