The Academy of Country Music has announced a $750,000 contribution to its ACM Lifting Lives charity on behalf of the artists who participated in the taping of ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends -- In Concert. The special, which aired in April on CBS, paid tribute to Richie during performances by Jason Aldean, Marc Anthony, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Jennifer Nettles, Kenny Rogers, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, The Band Perry, Big & Rich, Lady Antebellum and Rascal Flatts. ACM Lifting Lives, the philanthropic arm of the ACM, is dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Each year, ACM Lifting Lives provides grants to music therapy and music education programs. Other initiatives include serving members of the country music community who face unexpected medical or financial hardship.
- OFFSTAGE: Blake Shelton to Go Motorboatin'
- Hunter Hayes' "Wanted" Goes Triple Platinum
- Carrie Underwood Pays Tribute to Oklahoma Tornado Victims at 2013 CMT Music Awards
- Florida Georgia Line's Dreams Come True With CMT Music Awards
- Healing in the Heartland Concert Raises $6 Million for Tornado Relief