David Allan Coe was hospitalized Tuesday (March 19) in Ocala, Fla., after the SUV he was driving was struck by a tractor-trailer. Authorities said the 73-year-old singer-songwriter apparently ran a red light at an intersection around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday in Ocala and the tractor-trailer collided with the passenger side of his 2011 Chevrolet Suburban. Coe's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. The driver and a passenger in the semi were also injured. Coe was ticketed for violation of a traffic control device. His Top 10 country hits from the '70s and '80s include "You Never Even Called Me by My Name," "The Ride" and "Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile."
- CMA Music Festival: Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum Sing Goodbye at LP Field
- Willie Nelson Announces Lineup for Fourth of July Picnic
- Country Royalty Convene at We're All for the Hall Concert
- David Allan Coe Injured in Florida Traffic Accident
- NASHVILLE SKYLINE: Country Music Radio Gets a Foothold in New York City