George Jones' gospel recordings with producer Billy Sherrill will be issued as a new compilation, Amazing Grace, on Sept. 10 by Bandit Records. Many of the songs were released in 2003 through Bandit's partnership with RCA. That double-disc project was titled The Gospel Collection: George Jones Sings the Greatest Stories Ever Told and has been largely unavailable at retailers since 2005. Another track on the compilation, "Great Judgment Morning," comes from Jones' 1994 sessions at the Bradley Barn recording studio with producer Brian Ahern. The track's guest vocalists include the late Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart and Connie Smith. The new compilation had been in the works prior to Jones' death on April 26.
- Rhonda Vincent Bows Equally to Bluegrass and Country in New Album
- Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Jack Clement Inducted Into Country Music Hall of Fame
- Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Inducts Four New Members
- Old Crow Medicine Show Celebrate Grand Ole Opry Membership
- Big Name and New Artists Ready Album Rollouts