Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell, Stephen Stills, Dr. John and Shovels and Rope are on the initial list of performers and presenters announced for the Americana Music Association's Honors & Awards show set for Sept. 18 at Nashville's famed Ryman Auditorium. The event is the highlight of the organization's annual music conference taking place Sept. 18-22 at several venues in Nashville. More than 120 acts will perform showcases, including Ashley Monroe, the North Mississippi Allstars, Lisa Marie Presley, Steep Canyon Rangers, Justin Townes Earle, Bobby Rush and JD McPherson. Speakers at the conference will include musician David Lowery, best known as a founding member of the bands Camper Van Beethoven and Cracker, and RIAA chairman Cary Sherman.
- Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell, Stephen Stills Set for Americana Awards Show
- Around the Web: Pistol Annies Aim High
- Avett Brothers/Randy Travis CMT Crossroads Single Celebrates Record Store Day
- Dallas Davidson, Luke Laird Are BMI's Top Songwriters, Tom T. Hall the Icon
- Catt Gravitt Is SESAC's Top Songwriter, Jon Stone's "A Woman Like You" Best Song