George Jones' 1998 collection 16 Biggest Hits has been certified platinum by the RIAA signifying 1 million units sold. The certification comes 11 years after it reached gold status, for 500,000 units sold. As previously reported, some of Jones' gospel recordings with producer Billy Sherrill will be issued as a new compilation, Amazing Grace, on Sept. 10 by Bandit Records. A member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, Jones died April 26.
- George Jones Tribute Concert Brings Out Country Music Titans
- Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton
- Duck the Hall, "Mine Would Be You" Are Top Album, Song for Second Week
- CMA Awards: Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line Win in Two Categories
- BMI Celebrates Songwriter Dean Dillon With Its Icon Award