CMT One Country is partnering with Youth Service America for National & Global Youth Service Day events taking place April 20-22. National & Global Youth Service Day has three primary goals:
- Mobilize youth as leaders to identify and address the needs of their communities through service and learning.
- Support youth on a lifelong path of service and civic engagement.
- Educate the public, the media, and policymakers about the year-round contributions of young people as community leaders.
There are more than tens of thousands volunteer events taking place worldwide over the weekend. Youth, businesses, families, schools, individuals and local organizations plan activities that will serve and improve their communities. Millions of young people are introduced to volunteering on National & Global Youth Service Day and are inspired to begin a lifetime of service. Other youth are recognized for their year-round contributions. Finally, new initiatives are launched on National & Global Youth Service Day that continue to improve communities long after it is over.
- To find out about an event in your hometown, click here
- Download or order free planning resources including planning tool kits, service-learning curriculum guides and posters.
- Apply for a grant to support your project: Youth Service America is pleased to offer grants to help young people and organizations plan and implement service projects for National & Global Youth Service Day and beyond. Visit www.YSA.org.awards for more information.
- Register your National & Global Youth
Service Day project: Registering your service project at www.YSA.org/nysd
ensures that your project will be highlighted in the National & Global Youth Service Day international media campaign.
- Remember that volunteering is rewarding! CMT One Country rewards you for giving back to your community. Make sure to log your volunteer hours here to be eligible for these rewards.