SIGN UP NOW
Become a CMT ONE COUNTRY VOLUNTEER
Register and find volunteer opportunities near you.
CMT One Country/Ladies' Home Journal Do Good Rewards - Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. Entry Period:"CMT One Country – Rewards Program Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences Tuesday, May 1, 2012 and ends Thursday, February 28, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes shall consists of twelve (12) separate monthly drawings (each a “Monthly Drawing”) to determine twelve (12) winners (each a “Winner”).
3. Eligibility:The Sweepstakes is open to volunteers who have volunteered their services and logged at least 4 hours during a monthly timeframe onto cmtonecountry.com and who are legal residents of the United States, are at least 18 years of age at time of entry and have a valid driver's license during the Sweepstakes Period. Employees and the members of their households or their immediate families (i.e., their spouses, parents, siblings and children and each of their respective spouses) of Country Music Television, Inc. (“CMT”), MTV Networks ("MTVN"), Viacom, International Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies and subsidiaries are not eligible. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants’ acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules ("Official Rules") and agree to be bound by them, by CMT's interpretation of them and by the decisions of CMT, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All entries become the property of CMT. Additional restrictions may apply. No entries will be returned.
4. How To Enter:The Sweepstakes will be posted on CMTONECOUNTRY.com, a website owned and controlled by CMT (the “Website”) starting at or around Noon (CT) on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 and ending around Noon (CT) on Thursday, February 28, 2013. To enter, participant must have volunteered a minimum of 4 hours over the previous month and posted his/her volunteer hours on the Website (“Eligible Entrant”). Each Eligible Entrant will automatically be entered into the respective Monthly Drawing. One Winner for each Monthly Drawing will be selected at random from all Eligible Entries (defined below) received during the applicable Entry Period (defined below) by CMT, whose decisions are final on all aspects of the Sweepstakes. Each Monthly Drawing will take place at or around the last calendar day of the month, beginning on March 31, 2012. To be eligible for a Monthly Drawing, participants must have logged 4 hours of service the previous month between the timeframe of 12:00:00 A.M. on the first calendar day of the applicable month and 11:59:59 P.M. on the last calendar day of such applicable month (each, an “Entry Period”). To be eligible for a particular Monthly Drawing, participants must provide the names of the organization for which he/she volunteered, the organizations’ address, the organizations’ contact person and the organizations’ contact phone number in order for CMT to verify actual volunteered hours during the applicable Entry Period (collectively, the "Eligible Entries"). Accumulated volunteer hours will not rollover to subsequent Entry Periods. You may volunteer as many times as you want but only one prize package per person will be awarded over the course of the Sweepstakes.
5. How To Win:: For each of the twelve (12) dates listed below (the “Winning Dates”) (which are subject to change as provided below), one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entrants. If no participant has volunteered a minimum of 4 hours over the previous month and posted his/her volunteer hours on the Website, then that respective Monthly Drawing will be forfeited and the Sweepstakes will pick up during the next month’s timeframe. For example, and by way of illustration only, if there are no participants who have logged 4 hours of volunteer service during the month of July, then the Monthly Drawing scheduled for July 31, 2012 will be forfeited. The Sweepstakes will continue and the next Monthly Drawing will occur on August 31, 2012, contingent upon whether or not there were participants who had logged at least 4 hours of volunteer service during the month of August.
Winning Date 1 - Thursday, May 31, 2012
Winning Date 2 - Saturday, June 30, 2012
Winning Date 3 - Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Winning Date 4 - Friday, August 31, 2012
Winning Date 5 - Sunday, September 30, 2012
Winning Date 6 - Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Winning Date 7 - Friday, November 30, 2012
Winning Date 8 - Monday, December 31, 2012
Winning Date 9 - Thursday, January 31, 2013
Winning Date 10 - Thursday, January 31, 2013
“Winning Time” shall mean, with respect to each Winning Date, not prior to 11:59:59 PM CT.
The winner of each Monthly Drawing will be selected in a drawing from among all Eligible Entries. All non-winning participants included in the previous Monthly Drawing will remain eligible for subsequent Monthly Drawings in accordance with the procedures described above.
6. Prizing:Ten (10) Winners will each receive a prize consisting of the following:
- $100 gift card for purchases on Amazon.com
- MP3 player and $150 iTunes gift card
- Gift bag filled with CMT merchandise
- LHJ Do Good for yourself package
The estimated value of each prize package is $300.00 each (the “Prize Package”). Some restrictions may apply. No substitution or transfer of any prize will be permitted. CMT shall also make a $1,000.00 donation to Winner’s 501(c)3 charity of choice. Arrangements for the fulfillment of each Prize will be made by CMT within 60 days of verification of eligibility and receipt of affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Prizes consist only of items expressly specified in these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prize value and all costs and expenses that may be involved in the acceptance or use of the prize. An IRS form 1099 may be issued with respect to each prize awarded to the extent required by law.
Each of the ten (10) monthly winners will automatically be entered to win the Grand Prize. If Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted Guest. The Grand Prize consists of the following:
- A trip for two (2) for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to Nashville, TN
- roundtrip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest, which shall originate from an airport of CMT’s choice nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence (as determined by CMT) to Nashville, TN. CMT reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the Grand Prize Winner resides within 200 miles of Nashville, TN
- two (2) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel of CMT’s choice in the Nashville, TN area for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall be one room, based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included)
- One (1) $250 Gift Certificate to The Palm;
- Two (2) tickets to the 2011 CMT Music Awards;
- Car service to and from hotel to 2011 CMT Music Awards, if needed;
- One (1) Digital Camera;
- One (1) Welcome Basket in the hotel room; and
- Ground transportation to and from the airport
If Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by CMT, in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and prizes will be terminated and an alternative Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Guest traveling with Grand Prize Winner must be at least 18 years of age at time of Grand Prize fulfillment. If Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless deemed to be the allotted Guest. If Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses unless he or she is the Grand Prize Winner. CMT will determine the airline and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guests must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. All travelers must execute a release of liability prior to ticketing. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. CMT shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. CMT shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All travel dates are subject to change in CMT’s discretion.
The estimated value of the grand prize package is $3,350.00 (the “Grand Prize Package”). Some restrictions may apply. No substitution or transfer of any prize will be permitted. Arrangements for the fulfillment of Grand Prize will be made by CMT within 6 months of verification of eligibility and receipt of affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Prizes consist only of items expressly specified in these Official Rules. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes, including all travel arrangements will be made by CMT. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, any equipment to be used in connection with the Grand Prizes are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prize value and all costs and expenses that may be involved in the acceptance or use of the prize. An IRS form 1099 may be issued with respect to grand prize awarded to the extent required by law.
Any prize awarded hereunder that involves a ticket, pass, back stage pass, VIP pass, access to a venue or access to an entertainer or entertainer group (collectively, a “ticket”), the ticket shall be a revocable license to the specific event and location within the venue and for the time indicated to the prize winner by CMT. CMT reserves the right, without the award of any substitute prize or payment of any cash equivalent value, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of featured event. No exchanges. The ticket user assumes all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the event, and holder voluntarily agrees that CMT, the venue/facility, league or team, artist(s) performing, participants, participating clubs, and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employees are expressly released from any claims arising from such causes. The prize winner/user bears all risks of inclement weather. Tickets lost or stolen, cannot be replaced. Event time and date is subject to change. The resale or attempted resale of a ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without the award of any substitute prize, exchange or payment of any cash equivalent value. The ticket may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the express written consent of CMT.
7. Notification and Verification of Winners:The potential winner for each Prize Package (including the Grand Prize) will be determined on each of the foregoing Winning Dates and the specified Winning Time. Thereafter, a representative of CMT will attempt to contact each potential winner by telephone. CMT will make a minimum of four (4) attempts per day, over a period of seventy-two (72) consecutive hours, to call each potential winner. If any potential winner is unreachable by telephone within the seventy-two (72) hour period, an alternate winner may be chosen at the sole discretion of CMT. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility. Each potential winner must sign (a) a notarized affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and their parent companies, subsidiaries and related and affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this promotion or the use or acceptance of the Prize to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) where permitted, a promotional release granting the right to use winner's name and likeness - for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry in this Sweepstakes constitutes each potential winner's agreement to sign such affidavit and releases. Each potential winner will also be required to provide, in addition to the required affidavit and release, a copy of the IRS Determination Letter from the Winner's charity of choice. In order to verify eligibility, each potential winner must complete all required documents and return them to CMT so as to be received by CMT within three (3) business days after potential winner's receipt of such documents or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
8. Agreement to Official Rules:By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of CMT which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The receipt by each of the Winners of a Prize in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state and local rules and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT CMT'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. General Conditions:All interpretations and decisions under these Official Rules by CMT are final. CMT reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the cmtonecountry.com website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSY REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
10. Errors, Alteration of Sweepstakes, Etc.: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems, errors or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software; failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes; or any technical or human errors of any kind in connection with the operation of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of CMT which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or for any other reason CMT deem it necessary, CMT reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, CMT will post notice on cmtonecountry.com. Official Entry Forms that have been tampered with or altered are void.
11. Winner's List:FFor a copy of the winners list, send a self addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List, CMT's One Country - Rewards Program Sweepstakes, 330 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37201. All requests must be received by June 15, 2012.
12. Release:BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS MTV NETWORKS, COUNTRY MUSIC TELEVISION INC., VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC., MEREDITH CORPORATION AND EACH OF THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IN ANY RESPECT. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, BY ENTERING, EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) IN CONNECTION WITH HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY THAT MAY BE SUSTAINED BY HIS/HER USE OF THE PRIZE.
13. Sponsors:This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Country Music Television, Inc. an MTV Network, a division of Viacom International Inc. and Meredith Corporation.
# # # # #
© 2011 Country Music Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CMT and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Country Music Television, Inc., an MTV Network.