Tanner Adell is such a fan of Luke Combs that she wrote a song of encouragement for potential singers who don't see themselves represented - whether it is skin color or body shape - in country music. And, she named it after Combs.
"It's meant to be a love letter to girls with insecurities," Adell said of the track from her "Buckle Bunny Deluxe" collection.
Adell grew up splitting her time between California and Wyoming, moved to Nashville two years ago and is a member of CMT's class of 2024 Next Women of Country. Adell said she grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on CMT and believes the network does a great job of showcasing women's talent.
"I just feel honored," Adell said. "I grew up watching Carrie Underwood. I'll never forget watching Shania Twain for the first time. 'Man, I Feel Like a Woman' awakened something inside of me."
When Adell was a teenager, she remembers "bawling my eyes out" to The Band Perry's "If I Die Young."
"I've watched and loved and admired the voices of women in country music for so long. To be here and considered one of them is a dream come true," Adell said of being included in CMT's Next Women of Country.
She said two words are all that's needed to describe her songs: "Confident and fun."
Adell is looking forward to a busy touring year that includes shows in Europe, a spot in the lineup at Stagecoach and more.
"Playing shows, that's really my favorite thing," she said.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024