Kelsea Ballerini has added a new line to her resume – CoverGirl’s cover girl.
Ballerini, who will host the 2022 CMT Music Awards that will air LIVE from Nashville 8 p.m. April 11 on CBS Television Networks, is a new face for the cosmetic company.
“EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL Y’ALL!!!” Ballerini said in an Instagram post. “Being a @covergirl has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. They’ve always felt approachable to me through every age, phase of life, or occasion. From playing with makeup in middle school to getting ready for some of the biggest stages I’ve been lucky enough to perform on. It’s a full-circle moment and I’m so happy to officially join the CG family. #CoverGirlPartner #easybreezybeautiful”
Ballerini said in a statement that makeup is “just another creative outlet” for her and that’s she’s been a fan of the brand for as long as she can remember.
“I’ve always had an iconic tube of CoverGirl mascara in my makeup bag, and I even wrote in my journal at age 14 that one day I dreamed of being a CoverGirl,” she said. “They have what I need and meet me where I’m at for any occasion. They celebrate all kinds of beauty, and I’m honored to come alongside them on this easy, breezy, beautiful journey.”
While Ballerini loves a bold makeup look on stage – a bright lip, glittery eye and lush lashes – she goes for a more natural look at home with CoverGirl’s Lash Blast Clean Volume Mascara.
“I love that it doesn’t use parabens or sulfates, and I’ve become obsessed with the way it makes my lashes look and feel,” she said. “It’s also really important to me that my products are cruelty-free, and I love that CoverGirl doesn’t test any of their products on animals. Truly a win-win.”
CoverGirl executives said they’re as happy to have Ballerini on board as she’s thrilled to be there.
“She is a lover of beauty, constantly experimenting with fun makeup looks as part of her creativity,” said Stefano Curti, Chief Brands Officer, Consumer Beauty, at Coty, home to CoverGirl, in a statement. "Kelsea expresses her true self on and off the stage and lends her voice to causes that are important to her, like using cruelty-free beauty products, a value we at CoverGirl hold close as a Leaping Bunny certified brand. We’re so excited to have Kelsea join an iconic line up of CoverGirls who share the same passion for accessibility, inclusivity and individuality.”
Ballerini is joining the brand in a multi-year partnership and will be the face of an upcoming spring collection from CoverGirl.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024