Not unlike what feels like the entirety of the country music industry, well-regarded Nashville-based vocal quintet Old Dominion are back on the road playing live events. Recently, via Instagram, the band highlighted how enjoyable returning to live events has been.
Old Dominion posted the video on Instagram with the caption: "What really happens backstage. #juggler #weareolddominion." Furthermore, the band jams and harmonizes to the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "I Won't Back Down," then guitarist Brad Tursi juggles a lemon and an apple. Fans were entertained, noting, "Woooooow, Brad's juggling skills are on point. 👏👏👏" Another commented, "That boy got talent 😁."
As well, in a recent Southern Living interview, Old Dominion's lead singer Matthew Ramsey spoke about the band's humble beginnings and songwriting skills that have allowed for tracks like "Some People Do" and "One Man Band" to achieve acclaim.
Regarding their hometown of Buchanan, Virginia, its relaxed nature clearly provided a precedent for the backstage vibes of their Instagram videos. "Buchanan is very storybook. Looks like it's out of a movie, just a quaint little town, lots of churches down the main street...I think, as a teenager, I thought it was a little boring. I always wanted bigger and more but I'm so happy that's where I grew up and I'm very proud of it," Ramsey noted.
As well, regarding the quintet's emotionally available songwriting process, Ramsey added, "the more you kind of go inward and explore your own feelings, it can be scary. But the more you kind of put that out there, usually those are the ones that really resonate with people because you're speaking to a true emotion that people know other people have but maybe don't know how to express."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024