Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks have been married for 15 years and been friends long before then, as both of them got their starts in the Nashville music industry as demo singers--singers paid to quickly record vocals for rough, first-draft versions of songwriters' compositions, which are then pitched to recording artists who might choose to record their own version of those songs for their albums.
"The first time we ever sang together, we were booked to do a duet, and when we sang together, and it felt like we'd been singing together forever," she told ET about those early days in Nashville. "He brings so much energy in everything he does. He challenges me in the studio to go beyond what I think I can do."
Yearwood recently told ET one thing about Brooks that surprised her the most.
"For a long time I really thought, 'Nobody's this nice.' The other shoe's gotta drop, you know? And I'm not saying he's perfect, but he's pretty dang close!"
Over the years, Yearwood and Brooks have teamed up for duets such as "Where Your Road Leads," "Squeeze Me In," the Grammy-winning "In Another's Eyes," their recent rendition of "Shallow," and their 2016 holiday album Christmas Together. But Yearwood says there is more where that came from.
"We definitely want to do another record," Yearwood confirms.
Currently, Yearwood has been hard at work with her latest cookbook, which will release in the Fall, and is gearing up to resume filing her cooking show Trisha's Southern Kitchen. She also recently expanded her business empire with the launch of the Trisha Yearwood Pet Collection, a range of pet accessories.
During the interview, Yearwood was also candid about why she has been (literally) unfiltered with her social media posts, regularly posting snapshots of herself with no makeup and with a relaxed, unpolished hairstyle, alongside occasional glam shots.
"We all have the same anxieties, we all have the same good days and bad days. Let's own this together," she says.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024