Miranda Lambert just released the video for her newly-remixed version of "Tequila Does," and she welcomed several family members and friends to take part, including her brother Luke and his husband Marc. For Lambert, having both of them in the video made her "really proud and humble."
In a recent GLAAD interview, Lambert described how she and her brother grew up in what she describes as "very conservative" Lindale, Texas, during a time that was "not the best" for the town's LGBTQ community. She says of having Luke and Marc in her video, "I feel like as a country artist I get to lift them up and stand on that platform with them, and it makes me so happy! All kinds of kinds were in this video! It makes me really proud and humble."
Continuing, she offered, "We have come a long way from him struggling and figuring that out to now being in this video with me. It's been a really cool sibling bonding for us, and for our family. It's not an easy road all of the time, so this whole process of being with Luke and all of his friends, they come to my shows and they teach me a lot."
Lambert added, "I do think we are in a moment of change and I have so much to learn," regarding her role as an ally for increased queer representation in country music. "I know I am uneducated, but I am full of love," she continued. "Being in a family where I am surrounded by LGBTQ people, it has me learning and figuring out how I can be a part of the change and still be the same person I have been as an artist for 20 years."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024