Are you ready for summertime parties just past the county line and drinking jars of moonshine? Well, it appears that chart-topping country singer Chris Young is, too. His just released new single, "One Of Them Nights," revels in the excitement of these kinds of times. Given that he just played a concert in front of near half a million people in downtown Nashville over the 4th of July weekend, it's clear that there may be many of "them nights" ahead for the singer-songwriter.
"One of Them Nights" is one of 14 songs that will be released on Aug. 6 via Young's new album Famous Friends. Notably, the album's title track, a November-released collaborative single with Kane Brown, recently reached number-one on Mediabase's country radio charts. Regarding the album's name, Young tells Taste of Country, "There are so many incredibly talented artists, songwriters and producers -- all friends of mine -- who helped make this album possible. Having friends share their talents as collaborators, songwriters, producers and more, it’s only natural to call the album Famous Friends."
As well, he said, "We've been teasing everybody for years. I'm really, really excited to have this album out there for everybody and to be able to announce it...It's been so long that I've been talking about all the stuff that I did in the past year-and-a-half, and I think people at one point thought I was just messing with them a little bit. They were like, 'Do you actually have an album coming out?' But it's so exciting to have this information out there."
To PEOPLE, Young added, "We've been teasing everybody [with a new album] for years. I'm really, really excited to have this album out there for everybody and to be able to announce it. It's been so long that I've been talking about all the stuff that I did in the past year-and-a-half, and I think people at one point thought I was just messing with them a little bit. They were like, 'Do you actually have an album coming out?' But it's so exciting to have this information out there."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024