Seven weeks into the competition, country star Jimmie Allen is emerging as a least-anticipated to most-wanted favorite on the 30th season of popular television competition program "Dancing With The Stars." Regarding what's keying his unexpected sustainability on the show, Bryan McNeely, a Facebook commenter and "Superfan" of the program notes, "When it comes to constant growth and improvement, Jimmie's clearly someone whose work ethic sparkles as much as his outfit does. He's openly emotional and sensitive and wants to do his best with what he does. That goes far here, both in judges' scores, but in the relatability factor with viewers as well. Maybe that's the formula for an entry into the finals. Jimmie's a stand-up guy doing a stand-up job."
After a recent, Halloween-themed routine, Allen was seen weeping. "I started to think about my wife and my kids and, you know, I'm a softie," said the performer to Us Weekly after his Monday, October 25, routine. "I've cried so much on the show, so why not keep it going," joked the "Freedom Was A Highway" singer.
"We're both sobbing and I'm like, 'Whoa, how is this happening?'" said Allen's partner, professional dancer Emma Slater.
Judge Carrie Ann Inaba gave the couple a perfect ten score for their work and noted, "You just understood the power of dance. Dance has the power to move us, inspire us and make us better humans."
If interested in catching more of the emerging country superstar's work in dancing the tango, foxtrot, Viennese waltz, and more, "Dancing With the Stars" airs on ABC Mondays at 8 p.m. ET.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024