Dierks Bentley revived his High Times & Hangovers series of club shows earlier this month, performing five club shows in five days and marking the first in-person, full-capacity shows he's played in over a year.
However, over the weekend, Bentley shared an even more important performance, when he played a private concert for a young girl named Baylee who is battling cancer.
"One of my hometown friends brought Baylee's fight with cancer to my attention," Bentley captioned a video of himself performing his hit song "Riser" for the girl. "Sweet girl really going thru it. hard hard stuff. Could use all the prayers."
"Riser," a 2015 hit for Bentley, was written by Steve Moakler and Travis Meadows.
Bentley's Instagram post also gave a shout out to Kelsea Ballerini, who joined an impromptu FaceTime call from Bentley so Baylee could chat with another of her favorite artists.
Ballerini commented on Bentley's video, saying, "Loved meeting sweet Baylee! A riser indeed. So glad you called."
"Thankful to @travis_meadows and @stevemoakler for the song 'riser.' Powerful song to be able to share," Bentley added.
In addition to his recent club dates, Bentley is gearing up for a larger amphitheater tour this summer, featuring Riley Green and Parker McCollum. Bentley's recent single, "Gone," is in the Top 10 on Billboard's Country Airplay chart and is the first taste of new music from Bentley's upcoming tenth studio album.
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024
- Tanner Adell Talks Touring, Luke Combs and CMT's Next Women of CountryTanner Adell: "I've watched and loved and admired the voices of women in country music for so long. To be here and considered one of them is a dream come true."02/12/2024