Country music star Carly Pearce recently took to Instagram to reflect on her successful career thus far with a touching montage. The "Never Wanted To Be That Girl" singer stitched together monumental memories throughout her music career to Dylan Conrique's viral song "Birthday Cake."
The short video begins with a snapshot of the recognizable Dollywood sign, clips from talent shows, an old-school photo from a holiday performance, and even a glimpse into the first time she recorded in a professional booth.
As the tempo of the background track escalated, the hitmaker shared most recent milestones – from becoming a Grand Ole Opry member, forming a dependable relationship with Dolly Parton, her emotional 2021 CMA Awards acceptance speech, the moment she received her own hometown holiday, and when she scored Female Artist of the Year at the 2022 ACM Awards.
"She believed she could so she did❤️😢," wrote Pearce under the tear-jerking slideshow.
9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by c a r l y p e a r c e (@carlypearce)
Loyal fans and industry executives ran to the comments to commend the multi-platinum artist for her hard work and determination.
"Yes, she did…❤️," said the Big Machine Label Group founder, Scott Borchetta. "She sure did ❤️," added the official Opry account.
The 31-year-old vocalist has come a long way since she left her small Kentucky town to chase her country music dreams at Dolly Parton's amusement park in Pigeon Forge, TN. The powerhouse artist exclusively told HELLO! Online how the legend inspired her artistry and changed the direction of her career at an early age.
"Dolly Parton has always been a huge inspiration in my life ever since I was a little girl," she told the publication. "She has taught me so much over the years, from her kindness and the way she treats others, to her incredible songwriting and her ability to speak from the heart in all of her songs. Her impact on myself and country music as a whole is something I'll always cherish," she added.
Ahead of the 2022 ACM Awards, the star remembered the long days and nights performing for tourists at Dollywood. Pearce mentioned that she would dream of making it big in the genre.
"All those years in the shows at Dollywood, you'd imagine… but maybe never truly dream… and to be nominated this year with Dolly hosting? It's beyond a dream," she concluded before accepting Female Artist of the Year.
Although Pearce has been climbing the ranks of the country music industry for quite some time, she catapulted to stardom following the release of her relatable "29: Written In Stone" record. The critically acclaimed musician is currently out on the road on The 29 Tour.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024