Fast-rising artist Jenny Tolman has a bun in the oven!
The 26-year-old songstress and husband Dave Brainard will receive the ultimate present this year, as the two are expecting their first child together on Christmas Eve. The soon-to-be parents exclusively confirmed the pregnancy with PEOPLE.
In true singer-songwriter fashion, Tolman revealed her growing baby bump in recently released music video for "Same Train As You." The clip also features footage from their winter wonderland-like wedding.
"Dave and I are so thrilled to get to share the most exciting news of our lives!" Tolman told the publication. "We wrote 'Same Train as You' during our second co-writing session together, before we were together as a couple, when we hardly even knew each other."
"Same Train As You" lives on Tolman's 13-song collection "Married in a Honky Tonk," which dropped in early March. The vocalist said that she has always wanted to become a mother and hopes to bring her child out on the road one day.
"I can't wait to have a little cutie with the big ear protector headphones on side-stage soon!" Tolman told the outlet. "There are only two things I've ever wanted to be since I was a little girl: a singer and a mom. I am so grateful that I get to do both!"
Brainard is also looking forward to expanding their family.
"I'm excited about having a family, especially knowing the kind of person who their mother is going to be," he explained.
The gender of the baby, has not been revealed.
The critically acclaimed producer popped the question in October of 2020, nearly five years after he was assaulted in Nashville. When Brainard was struggling for his life in a hospital bed, that is when Tolman realized he was "the one."
"It was a moment of epiphany for me. It was like, 'Oh my God, I am in love with this person, and someone has hurt him, and I need to be with him,'" she previously said. "That's when I realized that he wasn't just a good friend. He was my person."
It wasn't long until the two tied the knot in Jackson, Wyoming, at Split Creek Ranch – a picturesque venue that overlooks the Grand Teton mountain range. Tolman was not "Afraid" about the weather, as the sky was clear and snow covered the ground – making a flawless backdrop for photos and set for the "Same Train As You" music video.
"The sun was out, and there were no clouds covering the Tetons. The day before, it snowed in Jackson, so we had a beautiful fresh layer of snow. It was the most perfect weather you could ask for!" she declared to PEOPLE following the special day.
The breakout star recently (July 8) shared a sneak peek of the snow-globe affair and broke the baby news on social media. While many fans pointed out Tolman's stunning cathedral veil and designer wedding dress, several others sent congratulatory messages their way.
"The song & video are beautiful. You are glowing. Congrats to you guys – that's the best news!! ❤️," said a follower. "The most romantic love song! So happy for you guys," shared another.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024