UPDATED DETAILS FOR OCTOBER 11 TAPING
Tickets are now available here.
Friday (Oct. 11)
6:00pm: Doors open
7:30pm: Doors close/show taping begins. No entry allowed after doors close.
RSVP: You must RSVP to email@example.com to attend.
The idea for this CMT Crossroads really might have started about a year and a half ago.
It was then -- in July 2018 -- that pop star Halsey and Kelsea Ballerini randomly popped up at Santa's Pub (a true dive bar just south of Nashville) and did some karaoke. Together, they sang Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" and the Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow duet "Picture."
About four months after that, Ballerini posted a video of the two of them performing "Leave the Pieces" from The Wreckers.
And now, this.
Announced today (Oct. 3), Ballerini and Halsey will be officially reunited on the big stage when they perform at the Ascend Amphitheater in downtown Nashville on Oct. 11 for a very special episode of CMT Crossroads. It will be the 70th episode in the show's revered 18-year history.
“From hearing ‘Colors’ for the first time years ago to her playing the first cut of ‘Without Me’ in my living room last year, I’ve always been a superfan of Halsey. Her songwriting has a way of painting the most beautiful pictures and telling the most emotional of stories, and after becoming fast friends over wine and karaoke nights, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather share the CMT Crossroads stage with. We’re going to bring a little pop, a little country, a big love of songwriting, and no doubt some sass to Nashville next week," Ballerini told us.
Halsey echoed those same heartfelt sentiments. “I feel so fortunate to have a friend like Kelsea. She is a spectacular talent and an even better human being. It’s been an honor to watch from the sidelines as she has trailblazed country music the past few years. Her songs make me laugh and cry and put every single window down in the car,” Halsey said.
“The first stage Kelsea and I ever shared together was a 3-foot karaoke dance floor right in Nashville. We’ve sang together in my living room, in her kitchen, in the back seat of cars in drive through lines late at night. And this time we get to get on a real stage, one of the most iconic stages in history, and do the thing we love the most in front of a city that is so dear to both of us.
The all-ages show will be general admission, and you can sign up for tickets here. You can also sign up by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doors will be open at 6:00pm and the taping will begin at 7:30pm. Doors close when the taping begins.
The show will be airing on CMT in early 2020.
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024