Country music legend Tanya Tucker has made a triumphant return to the spotlight, and now Sony Pictures is bringing her astonishing journey to the big screen.
The entertainment giant recently (July 8) released the trailer to the highly anticipated documentary, "The Return of Tanya Tucker – Featuring Brandi Carlile." The Kathlyn Horan-directed piece will display the creative process behind the full-fledged record that Carlile cultivated for Tucker and how it played a vital role in her comeback story.
"'The Return of Tanya Tucker' follows Tanya's richly creative, utterly captivating, bumpy ride back to the top as Brandi encourages her to push past her fears to create a new sound and reach a new audience," the YouTube description explained. "The writing, the experimenting, and refining of this new music mixes with all that came before – using rare archival footage and photographs to delve into Tanya's history, beginning in a single wide trailer in Seminole, Texas."
As the feature film showcases the creation of the award-winning album, "While I'm Livin'," it also highlights the unexpected friendship that blossomed during the collaboration project.
"I have loved Tanya Tucker since I was eight years old," shared Carlile at the beginning of the clip over an old concert tape. "Tanya's voice is in all of us that sing country music. And it's time for us to do an about-face and recognize that."
The trailer exposed a heart-to-heart conversation Carlile had with the "Delta Dawn" singer. While staring directly into Tucker's eyes, Carlile expressed the ever-lasting impact she had on the country music landscape.
"It's about the influence that you've had. Young people and their longing for understanding where their music came from," Carlile told Tucker. "To be able to leave behind something. And I guess music is, you know, the gift I have," the 63-year-old replied.
Although Carlile wants the record to represent a "Renaissance period in her life," the main motive behind the collection was to catapult Tucker back to stardom.
"Tanya's stepping out and saying I'm back, and I'm ready to reveal myself in a new way," Carlile clarified at the end of the fascinating sneak peek.
The world-renowned artist told Deadline that she's excited for fans to watch the documentary and learn more about the chart-topping album that includes fan favorites like – "Hard Luck," "Mustang Ridge," and "The Wheels of Laredo."
"It's so surreal to see my life captured moment by moment during the recording process with Brandi, as well as some footage that I haven't seen in decades!" said Tucker. "Sony Pictures Classics is the perfect partner, and I can't wait for the world to see this masterpiece Kathlyn and her team captured!" said Tucker. "I'm over the moon that this special documentary has found such a perfect home with Sony Pictures Classics. I don't think there's a more fascinating human being on the planet than Tanya Tucker. I can't wait for the world to fall In love with this legend all over again," added Carlile.
"While I'm Livin'" marked Tucker's first album in 17 years. The masterpiece received positive praise upon release, as it scored Best Country Album at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards and Best Country Song for "Bring My Flowers Now."
The country phenomenon is currently on her Hard Luck Tour, where she is pulling from her impressive repertoire of smash hits. Tickets are available for purchase, and "The Return of Tanya Tucker – Featuring Brandi Carlile" will premiere this fall.
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024