While preparing for his first headlining tour -- the “Down Home Tour 2022" -- which kicks off in February, Jimmie Allen has also had some time to slow down to reflect on his star-making success in 2021 and his plans to excel further.
Following many breakout moments, including a new artist award "sweep" (ACM New Male Artist of the Year and CMA New Artist of the Year) of sorts, he tells Music Row Magazine that he's keen to now use his growing renown to lend his visibility to other artists.
"My goal every year is to make an impact and widen my platform to where I can help other artists,” says the artist who successfully released his duet-laden Bettie James album this year.
He has concrete aspirations in this regard, perhaps offering a sense of what to expect from the duo Neon Union (Leo Brooks and Andrew Millsaps), the first act signed to JAB Entertainment, Allen's full-service management and production company he launched alongside his business partners John Marks and Aaron Benward.
"I love the way that hip-hop culture did it, especially Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne signed Drake and Nicki Minaj. Drake signed The Weeknd and took him out. It’s all about using your platform to break your artists,” Allen notes. “If you sign someone, you’re investing. The more successful they become, the more successful your business becomes. I’m trying to take that same approach and do it in the country world.”
Allen is humble in regards to his star-powered aspirations.
“When I was first getting started I had other artists and songwriters reaching out, but I wasn’t in a position to help. You can only help others after you help yourself. You can’t pull somebody up if you’re not up. But I eventually got to the point where I could help.”
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024