John Shearer/ACMA2018/Getty Images for ACM
Nashville's CMA Fest might have been canceled this year, but the festival's essence was clearly displayed last night (July 27) during the first evening of the abbreviated, two-day event CMA Summer Jam, held at Nashville's Ascend Amphitheater. The event features a star-packed lineup including Carrie Underwood, Luke Combs, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Luke Bryan, Mickey Guyton, Jimmie Allen and more. The first evening featured performances from Bryan, Shelton, Stefani, Underwood, Guyton and more.
Underwood closed out the event's inaugural evening with a set that included hits such as "Blown Away," "Before He Cheats," and "Two Black Cadillacs." She also had a bit of fun with the audience, noting that she had been watching Blake Shelton's and Luke Bryan's performances from backstage.
“But I think everybody knew that closing this thing down was a woman’s work," Underwood quipped.
Underwood also welcomed a special guest, Dwight Yoakam, for a few collaborations, including "Guitars, Cadillacs," and Yoakam's 1993 hit "A Thousand Miles From Nowhere."
Good news for country music lovers who weren't able to snag tickets to CMA Summer Jam--the event is being taped for a television special set to air in September on ABC.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024