Jason Kempin/Getty Images
Brett Eldredge gave his fans a scare last week when he revealed he tested positive for COVID-19 and was forced to cancel his weekend shows. However, country music’s Mr. Christmas felt well enough by Monday to hold a private concert in his living room and broadcast it on social media.
“Yes, I am in quarantine,” Eldredge said. Clad in a bowtie and dinner jacket while holding a glass of amber liquor, he explained: “I am healing up nicely. I’m feeling really great.”
He danced, sang and charmed viewers for nearly 30 minutes. Eldredge’s setlist included “Mr. Christmas,” the title track of his new album, “Let It Snow,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “O Holy Night.” Eldredge told fans he was the band, the sound man, and “all the stuff.”
“I can’t guarantee it’s all going to go right, but it’s going to be alright and it’s going to be beautiful,” Eldredge said. “Sit back, relax and grab you a little sip of something. I’m already having fun. I’m already working up a sweat.”
Eldredge worked his living room live stream as if he was playing for a packed auditorium.
“I’m deep into the quarantine now,” he said. “I’ve been (doing) a lot of activities, just trying to keep myself sane. It’s been some lonely days on your own in quarantine. I know a lot of people are going through that right now; we’ve all gone through it the last couple of years. The power of this music is so beautiful it got me right here.”
“There’s so many people here,” Eldredge said, referring to people viewing the live stream. “The energy is fun. Just being able to sing beats the heck out of watching Netflix. I did go sledding down the stairs the other day. My dog was just staring at me like I’m a weirdo. But, it was beautiful.”
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024