Country hitmaker Gabby Barrett is celebrating her mini-me, Baylah May Foehner.
The "I Hope" singer turned to social media on Wednesday, Jan. 19, to wish her daughter a happy birthday and to share a string of photos representing their tight-knit relationship. To honor the special day, Barrett pampered the little one and brought her to get a relaxing pedicure.
The precious snapshot displayed Baylah getting her toenails painted while sitting in a Hello Kitty-themed chair. It also showcased Baylah's birthday pin tacked onto her pretty purple sweater and her luscious locks.
The second slide in the Instagram carousel featured the two enjoying a beach day together. Barrett concluded the tribute post with a sentimental moment from the day she was born.
"Happy Birthday to our firstborn, Baylah! 2 years old!" wrote Barrett. "She went to the spa today & got her nails and toes done (she is my twin). She rocks my world & continues to everyday. Blessed I am to be her mom."
As birthday wishes from the country community consumed the comment section, many pointed out Barrett's parenting approach.
"Wishing your sweet little princess 👑 a very Happy Birthday! I see Hello Kitty's doing a mighty fine job keeping Baylah company," said a follower. "Happy Birthday sweet girl, looks like a fun time with your mama," added another. "I think you're doing a great job protecting her privacy."
Baylah marks Barrett's first child with her husband, Cade Foehner. Their love story began on the set of the hit competition show "American Idol." The Season 16 contestants got hitched in Texas in 2019, and had their little girl in 2021. Following the birth, the two decided to keep Baylah's identity private.
After fans expressed concern and curiosity, the vocalist was forced to address her firm stance.
"For the people constantly commenting on Baylah's face being blocked out of pictures, she is our daughter," said the songstress on her Instagram story. "We will not purposefully take pictures with her face in them because we keep her face identity private," she added.
Barrett said that the reason why they hide their daughter's face is to keep her safe from "weird predators" that "lerk the internet in search for children." She asked for her devoted listeners to respect their decision.
The award-winning vocalist and her guitarist recently expanded their family. In late October, the country couple welcomed their second child – Augustine Boone Foehner.
"Soaking up the newborn days with baby brother. What a precious gift from our Lord," said Barrett delivering the exciting news. "Augustine Boone Foehner 10.27.22 💙 (Pronounced UH-GUS-TIN)."
She mentioned that having two children with Foehner has made her fall in love with him all over again.
"I don't know what it is that a just makes your heart flutter all over again when you see like the person that you fell in love with now loving the person that you made together," Barrett told ET's Rachel Smith. "It's just like something so special. Motherhood, loving babies and loving your children, comes so naturally with motherly love and affection, and having your baby close, and you grow them in your tummy, all of that stuff. So, when you see the dad that's all macho and manly turn soft…, and he's [holding the baby and] all dirty, and you're like, 'Ugh, gosh.'"
Barret confirmed that her kids inspired aspects of her second studio album. The platinum-selling artist has not revealed a release date for the full-length project, but will be joining Kane Brown on tour in the spring as direct support.
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024