Before the country music star Luke Combs jumped on a plane to perform at the 2022 Daytona 500 in Sunny Florida, he made a quick pitstop at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. Earlier this month, the hitmaker stepped foot within the legendary wooden circle at the sacred venue to perform alongside his industry friends, Chris Janson and Zach Williams.
On Saturday (Feb.19), their pre-recorded show aired on the Circle's Opry live hosted by nationally syndicated radio show host, Bobby Bones. With country music enthusiasts eagerly awaiting a memorable performance in the pews, Combs kicked off the evening with an unreleased track called “Five Leaf Clover.”
“I know I’m a lucky man, but I ain’t sure why I am | Cuz it ain’t like anyone deserves the world in the palm of their hand| Now I hit my knees, thankful as can be| But the one thing I can’t get over| How’d a guy like me, who’d have been fine with three |Wind up with a five-leaf clover?” he sang.
Combs counts his blessings and gives thanks to the universe for providing him with his wife Nicole, healthy parents, loyal friendships, and of course, his career. The Grand Ole Opry stage was not the first place he tested out the ballad, as he recently shared a snippet on social media in late January.
The tweet that garnered over 55.7K views and thousands of likes provoked fans to get excited about his forthcoming third studio album.
“That’s damn country music right there!!” shared an enthusiastic fan. “This song will get to #1 for sure. Can’t wait for the new album,” said another one.
Combs is known for utilizing the Opry stage and audience to try out new material, as he shared another unreleased track called “Joe” in April of 2021.
“I figured I would do a brand new song for you guys tonight. My buddy Eric Dillon showed up at my house the other day, and he played me a song a while ago that he had started with a guy named James Slater, and I just thought it was real awesome, and we finished it together, and I guess the title of this song would be called ‘Joe,’” Combs said in the Spring. “So just hear me out and tell me what you think of this,” he concluded before playing the hot-off-the-press anthem.
“Joe” and “Five Leaf Clover” are expected to live on his upcoming record, which is set to drop “really soon,” according to the artist. After his performance at the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 20, the megastar explained why he pushed back his highly anticipated collection release date.
“It’s been a long process. I was working on it really hard before this tour we did in the fall. I kind of took a pause on working on [the album] because I just really wanted to focus on that tour,” he said in the press conference. “We didn’t cancel one show. We had a lot of setbacks, you know – regulatory setbacks, things like that. But it was nice to be able to just focus on that, and that’s been the reason the album’s not out yet.”
He continued to clarify that the project is going to be “real good” and worth the wait, because he has “been working hard on it for a long time.” While Luke Combs fans hang-tight for new music, they can purchase tickets to see him live and in-person on his three-show tour with Morgan Wade, Cody Johnson, and Zach Bryan.
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024
- Jackson Dean Promises "One Helluva Time" On Headlining Tour, Reveals He's Sequencing New AlbumJackson Dean: "I had a hard time fathoming at 14 years old that I could go and make music on another continent, and people would show up and sing."02/14/2024
- CMT Premiere: Cody Jinks Makes New "Outlaws and Mustangs" Video A Family AffairCody Jinks: "The important things in life show themselves when family is near."02/13/2024
- Tanner Adell Talks Touring, Luke Combs and CMT's Next Women of CountryTanner Adell: "I've watched and loved and admired the voices of women in country music for so long. To be here and considered one of them is a dream come true."02/12/2024