Fowler originally filed for divorce from Hunt in Davidson County on Friday then had the paperwork withdrawn from Davidson County the same day. Multiple outlets now report that Fowler simply filed her divorce papers in the wrong Tennessee county by mistake last week and resubmitted the same divorce petition in adjacent Williamson County later the same day.
Fowler accused Hunt of inappropriate marital conduct and adultery in the original filing.
The documents stated: "[Fowler believes] that all hopes of reconciliation are exhausted."
The couple married in April of 2017 and had not announced they were expecting a baby in May.
People reports Fowler is asking for alimony, child support, and primary custody of the baby and that each party is "awarded their respective separate property."
Hunt told KISS Country 99.9 Miami's TC & Dina radio show last summer that the couple wanted to expand their family with children.
"We've been talking about it for a while, but we've really started thinking about it seriously here these past few months, so that's on the agenda right now," he said. "And I'm hoping that we'll have some good news sooner than later."
Hunt was open before their marriage about the couple's tumultuous relationship and told Entertainment Tonight in 2017 that he visited her in Hawaii seven times in three months to win her back.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024