Midland's Mark Wystrach is known for the music he makes alongside bandmates Cameron Duddy and Jess Carson, but Wystrach's resume also has plenty of acting credits, including work in the TV series Passions and CSI: Miami.
With his latest, Wystrach will appear in the upcoming Jessica Chastain/Andrew Garfield movie The Eyes of Tammy Faye, which centers on the life of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker, according to IMDB.
Bakker, along with her husband Jim, dominated religious television in the 1970s and 1980s, as Jim first hosted Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN)'s The 700 Club and then helped launch the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), before leaving a short time later. Tammy Faye and Jim would then launch the late-night talk show The PTL Club and parlay the show's success into owning a religious broadcasting network and a (now-defunct) theme park. The couple's empire would soon crumble after a series of scandals, including fraud and a sexual assault scandal.
Wystrach will portray Gary S. Paxton, an artist/songwriter/producer that was linked to the Bakkers in 1987 as rumors began to spread about a fling between Paxton and Tammy Faye, around the same time Jim Bakker was in the midst of his own scandal with a church secretary.
The Eyes of Tammy Faye arrives in theaters Sept. 17. See the trailer below:
Meanwhile, Midland recently released the documentary Midland: The Sonic Ranch, which--along with an accompanying soundtrack--spotlights the trio's origin story. The trio will also launch The Last Resort Tour in October.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024