Upon her recent induction into Fort Worth, Texas' National Cowgirl Hall of Fame, the "If I Was A Cowboy" vocalist made an intriguing revelation that was followed by a powerful statement: "I just learned to ride [a horse] at 30 years old, and I'm still working on it, you know. But I think when reading all about it and realizing what this museum means, and this Hall of Fame embodies is, there's cowgirls of all kinds. And it's really about grit, determination, drive," she said.
Via its website, the 46-year-old museum advertises itself as "the only museum in the world dedicated to honoring women of the West, and from around the world who have displayed extraordinary courage and pioneer spirit in their trailblazing effort. To wit, East Texas native Lambert meets the museum's standards for Hall of Fame via her 35 Academy of Country Music Awards, three Grammy Awards, six American Country Music Awards, 11 Country Music Television Awards, and 14 Country Music Association Awards induction. Aside from Lambert, the 2021 class included world champion breakaway steer roper Lari Dee Guy, visual artist Pop Chalee, cowboy hat designer Lavanna "Shorty" Koger, and Olympic medalist equestrian Kathryn Kusner.
Lambert's one of 250 women inducted into the Hall of Fame, and she's looking to use the honor to springboard the next two decades of her career.
"I feel like maybe this next phase musically for me and generally in life is using a little bit more of that cowgirl mentality of chasing things harder," she notes. "So I feel like this sets me up for a whole new, for the next decade. I don't even know what that's gonna bring but I'm excited about it."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024