Miranda Lambert just offered her latest preview of her upcoming album The Marfa Tapes, with Jon Randall and Jack Ingram.
In the new song, "Geraldene," Lambert takes on a woman who tries to take her man. However, as Lambert sings in this wonderfully acoustic track, You're trailer park pretty/but you're never gonna be Jolene.
The woman in the song may have red lips and an agenda, but Lambert is quick to put the woman in her place with some well-timed, raspy and snarky lines. You're never gonna be the backstage babe at the Crystal Palace/you're too late/I'm the only b**ch in the band, Lambert sings later in the track.
"That was a good one...so fun," Lambert says at the end of the track, which, like the rest of the 15 songs recorded for the album—was recorded live around a campfire with her co-writers Randall and Ingram.
For The Marfa Tapes, out May 7, the trio returned to Marfa, Texas, to write and record the album as organically as possible. If you listen closely, you can hear the crackle of the campfire, birds, wind blowing, and snippets of conversation between the the album's three creators.
Lambert recently returned to her homestate of Texas for her first live concerts in more than a year when she headlined three shows at Billy Bob's Texas; she has more shows that the revered venue slated for May 1 and 2.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024