When not celebrating her recent winning of Billboard's 2021 Music Award for Christian Album of the Year for her September 2020 My Gift release, Carrie Underwood's having some hilarious times at home.
In a video that Underwood's husband, Mike Fisher, posted to Instagram on May 20, he slowly approaches his wife and pal -- wellness expert and nutritionist Cara Clark -- with his vehicle. When Fisher suddenly honks the horn, the duo jump in panic. Fisher screams, "We got ‘em!" and laughs as Underwood jokingly turns around to yell at her husband for the prank.
The "Before He Cheats" vocalist is also fond of pranks on occasion. In 2019, she serenaded customers from a hidden part of a store as they were shopping, singing, "John is holding onto his shoes. If he doesn't get boots, he'll have the blues. Take it from me, Carrie Underwood," to a bewildered store guest.
Underwood's recent success with her March-released Christian album My Savior has been impressive. It debuted at number one on both the Billboard Country and Christian charts, plus reached the top five on the Billboard 200 chart. This marked her ninth consecutive studio album to debut at the top of the Billboard Country album chart. The achievement extended her record as the only country artist to see all nine of her studio album releases in her career reach the pinnacle of the country charts.
Regarding the album, she told People, "I think just wanting to be positive in this world and sing these songs that bring me so much joy, hopefully, others can be like that as well and these songs can bring others joy. That goes back with everything that I do."
- CMT Roundup: New Music from Keith Urban, Jenna Paulette, Scotty McCreery and moreFind this week's newest country songs on CMT's Roundup playlist.03/01/2024
- Jelly Roll and Lainey Wilson Talk Grit, Friendship And The Importance Of FamilyJelly Roll: “Life ain't about what you do; it's about who you do it with."02/28/2024
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024