It’s unusual to see country music royalty cruising around an amusement park. So, when Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson were spotted on a golf cart at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., fans did not hesitate to snap photographs and take videos.
A spokesperson for Dollywood told WBIR, that the legends took to the theme park earlier this week (Aug. 8) to film an upcoming Christmas movie titled, “Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas.” As Nelson rocked his signature red bandana and braids, Parton was seen sporting a brown leather ensemble. The two waved and smiled at ecstatic passholders while making their way onto the set.
“Wow my dreams have finally come true made it to Dollywood & Look 👀 who I seen…this has made my trip,” said a country enthusiast on Facebook. “What a wonderful day today at Dollywood. Got to see Dolly Parton & Willie Nelson. They are filming for her new Christmas Movie,” added another.
The contemporary movie-musical is slated to be aired on NBC, and will display what it is like to make a holiday TV special. According to the network, the film will take viewers “on a journey through time as Parton is visited by the Three Wise Men.”
During the heartwarming movie, Parton will learn valuable lessons and will quickly understand the magic of Christmas. Country fans watching from home will recognize several familiar faces, as powerhouse vocalists Jimmie Allen, Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus, and late-night host Jimmy Fallon are all listed in the star-studded cast.
The “9 to 5” singer previously attended an event at her park to announce the Big Bear Mountain roller coaster coming in 2023, the ride is expected to be the largest attraction at Dollywood to date. While celebrating their latest add-on, the GRAMMY Award-winner revealed additional information about her festive project in the pipeline.
“It’s kind of like we’re going behind the scenes and making a movie with actors and all the things that go on trying to put a show together. So, we thought people love to see that,” shared the icon. “You’ll get to see what it’s like to build a show. All the drama and all the things that can go wrong, and they will go wrong,” she added with an intriguing smirk.
“Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic Christmas” will follow “Coat of Many Colors” and the sequel,“Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love.” Parton has not confirmed an official release date yet, but has declared that it will be available to watch “sometime before Christmas.”
- Kelsea Ballerini To Return As Host For CMT Music AwardsThe 2024 CMT MUSIC AWARDS will air April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.02/27/2024
- CMT Next Up Now: Scoot Teasley Sings About Moving On In "This Truck Still Misses You"Scoot Teasley: "The video and the song have a lot of moments in it that are fueled by emotions, and I hope that gets translated and accepted well."02/27/2024
- Denitia Talks Country Music, Is Excited to "Help Move It Forward"Denitia wants to weave elements of '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s country music into her story and hopes to connect with people by being her authentic self.02/26/2024
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024