Jon Pardi's recent performance of his latest single "Tequila Little Time" on The Ellen Degeneres Show was a recent highlight of the vocalist's return to live performance after being demanded to -- as many country music stars have since the end of quarantine -- rest their vocal cords. “For the first time in my life I have been ordered by the doctor to go on vocal rest and it is NOT EASY!!!. We really appreciate the support and understanding. I promise to do my part and stay as healthy as possible to continue singing and performing,” the "Heartache Medication" vocalist noted via social media.
Pardi's horn, accordion, and full country band-accompanied performance was one of many the performer has had -- or released -- recently. In addition, he’s shared photos and videos from an appearance at Iowa's Big Country Bash, plus also has seen his feature on Lauren Alaina’s “Getting Over Him” continue to stay favored by country radio. He also joined artists including Chris Stapleton, Mickey Guyton, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, and Darius Rucker in performing cover versions of "Wherever I May Roam" for the forthcoming Sept. 10 release of Metallica tribute album, The Metallica Blacklist.
Other artists involved with the project celebrating the certified 16x Platinum album, including the hits “Enter Sandman” and “Sad But True,” include Miley Cyrus, Elton John, J Balvin, The Neptunes, Phoebe Bridgers and more.
All profits from the album will be given to charity and split between Metallica’s All Within My Hands Foundation and charities chosen by each of the project’s 53 guest artists.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024