Thomas Rhett's wife, Lauren Akins, is currently pregnant with the couple's fourth child. Thus, the "To The Guys That Date My Girls" singer is an ideal candidate to discuss tips on the power and impact of being a great parent. In a recent conversation, Willa Gray, Ada James, and Lennon Love's dad offered a few particularly standout comments about his five-year journey so far into parenthood.
"I think advice I would give parents-to-be is to understand that you will never get to a point where you say, I figured it out, or I’ve gotten it all right," the country superstar offered. "As a parent, you’re gonna mess up. You’re gonna say things that you shouldn’t, your patience is going to run thin at certain times." Moreover, he continued, "But I would just say take it day by day, and even in your deepest frustration, always realize that you have kids that look up to you, and you get one chance to be their hero. I heard that quote and it stuck with me. So, take it serious, and love ‘em and cherish all the moments you get with ‘em."
While playing at a concert at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth, Texas this February, Rhett told a sold-out crowd the news about Lauren's pregnancy with their fourth child. Via Instagram, he noted, "Well... we are pregnant again! Tonight when I was on stage in Fort Worth about to play 'to the guys that date my girls' my wife talked to me in my (ear monitors) and said 'you can tell them if you want' so anyways, now you know..."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024