This week, CMT's' Weekly Roundup of new hits features a series of familiar favorites back in time for fall with eagerly anticipated new tunes.
Click here to take a listen to the following tunes.
Blake Shelton - Come Back As A Country Boy
Blake Shelton is particularly excited about "Come Back As A Country Boy," from his forthcoming album Body Language, released on Dec. 3. To People, he noted, "I think this song is an anthem for everyday hardworking country people out there. We have so much pride in who we are and what we do that, if we ever died and got the chance to live life over again, we probably wouldn't do it if we couldn't be country."
Tyler Childers - Yes I Guess They Oughta Name A Drink After You
For Oh Boy Records' Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows, Vol. 2 series honoring John Prine, Tyler Childers covers the Americana legend's 1972 track, "Yes I Guess They Oughta Name A Drink After You." A full tracklist for the second volume has yet to been announced, but Brandi Carlile's stellar version of "I Remember Everything" and Sturgill Simpson's cover of "Paradise" is likely to be featured on the project. The album is due out on Oct. 8 and is currently available for pre-order via Oh Boy Records.
Dylan Scott - Static
Dylan Scott follows up his July-released track "New Truck" with "Static," a song about driving so far away from everything until all you hear is static on the radio in your truck. Scott's currently on the road with Luke Bryan on his Proud To Be Here Tour. Regarding his current success, the vocalist telI'veMT, “[My recent success] confirms to me that I belong in Nashville.. Everyone wakes up every day doubting themselves and their life choices. But right now, I've [clearly] made the right choices, and this feels cool."
Taylor Edwards - Homesick
Snapping, popping country defines Taylor Edwards' latest single, "Homesick." The Belmont University graduate is also the first winner of Grammy U's “Songwriter Showdown," plus has over one million views on Tik Tok. "Homesick" is the latest single from her EP Born in July, released on September 30.
Dillon Carmichael - Paychecks and Longnecks
"'Paychecks & Longnecks' is for everyone out there working the jobs most of us wouldn't do, while counting down the minutes to cracking open a cold one at 5. Out Friday - Cheers 🍻," writes Dillon Carmichael on Instagram about his latest single. It's the latest from the rising star's forthcoming, October 22 album, Son of A. Carmichael also stated via social media, "After 10 years in Nashville, this record and these songs are what I am most proud of. Y'all ain't ready for 10/22 🙏🏻."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024