Country band BEXAR's -- Chris Ryan and Logan Turner -- latest single and video for "Key To Life" has a poignant message attached to it: "We hope the fans take away the simplicity of the message of the song by seeing us walk into these different scenarios with people enjoying different aspects of genuine human interaction," the tandem tells CMT.
Ryan and Turner met during a CMA Fest writing session in East Nashville and used Ryan’s hometown of Bexar County, TX, as the group’s naming inspiration. Their self-released 2018 debut EP has accumulated over 25 million streams, leading them to Warner Nashville. They are currently working on a forthcoming follow-up release, their major-label debut EP Pronounced BEAR, due September 3, 2021.
Director Quinton Cook achieved the novel look and feel of the clip by basing the concept around a series of one-take shots intended to show people enjoying themselves and the company of others in four completely different walks of life. "We were blown away the first time we saw it. It was amazing to have this idea go from inception to execution with an amazing director like Quinton," says BEXAR. "At the end of the day, being with and enjoying time with the ones you love is what life is all about and that is really the message we wanted to get across with the song," the band says regarding the video's larger creative goals.
As a launching point into greater things to come, the video's release precedes Bexar opening for Keith Urban during his five-night in eight-day run at Caesar's Palace from September 17-25, 2021. Tickets are available by clicking here.
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024