“There was all this music we’ve made. I decided I didn’t want to wait for the next album," says Kenny Chesney in a press release announcing the release of a deluxe version of Here and Now, his current album release. I wanted these four songs to be part of what Here And Now is – making Here And Now Deluxe maybe shows a little bit of a now we never saw coming.”
Four new songs—"Wind On" (penned by Chesney's CMA Musical Event of the Year collaborator David Lee Murphy), plus “Fields of Glory,” “My Anthem” and “Streets” join current hit "Knowing You" in a retooled collection from the eight-time CMA Entertainer of the Year award winner.
Quarantine and the music industry unique modern creative landscape inspired his decision to create a deluxe version of his 19th studio album. “I have always loved songs and songwriters, being in the studio with the most creative people. But over the last year, as much as I’ve loved making music – I always have, I’ve realized how much I truly live and breathe songs," says the "Setting The World On Fire" singer.
“The rules have been rewritten and rewritten. How we make music, deliver music, consume music, and they’ll probably keep changing," Chesney notes. "There’s a freedom in that for guys like me, who love writing, hearing great songs, looking for more where there’s already so much. The idea of adding songs was unheard of a few years ago; now it’s ‘When do you want to release it?’"
His final statement adds a poignant note to his new release:
“But for all that freedom, one thing doesn’t change: a great song is a great song, friends are something you can’t buy and we are all united when we sing along."
- Maddie & Tae, Lauren Alaina, Brett Young and More Added To Voices Of America Country Music Fest LineupThe four-day concert is set for Thursday, Aug. 8 - Sunday, Aug. 11, 2024, at Voice of America MetroPark in West Chester, Ohio, near Cincinnati.02/23/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Kenny Chesney, Camille Parker, Kameron Marlowe and moreHear the newest in country music on CMT's playlist The Roundup.02/23/2024
- Dolly Parton Rallies Famous Friends, Dogs In Dresses and Hit Songs For a Night of Fashion and FunDolly Parton: "I think right now, everything is so dark and everything is so hateful. I thought it would be fun to do something fun and uplifting."02/21/2024
- Tigirlily Gold Talks Breakups, Moving On and CMT's Next Women of CountryThe sister duo said their new single "I Tried A Ring On" is "all about just that frustrating part of having to start over again."02/20/2024
- CMT Roundup: New Music From Brian Kelley, Lainey Wilson, Matt Stell And MoreTo hear the most exciting new releases in country music, see CMT's Roundup playlist.02/16/2024
- Beyoncé Releases Country Songs, But Will Country Radio Play Them?"Texas Hold' Em" and "16 Carriages" are from Beyoncé's upcoming album "Renaissance Act II" that will be available March 29.02/15/2024